TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ALS Global Shipping & Logistics Ltd hereinafter known as ALS Global Shipping or ALS;
DECLARATION OF GOODS
- Clients are required to be honest and transparent in declaring the content of their packages before delivery at our warehouse.
- Machines, medical devices, fragile items, liquids, chemicals, gases, powders, cosmetics, battery goods (lithium batteries), corrosives, flammables, explosives, toxic substances, living organisms, radioactive materials, etc are termed as SENSITIVE, HAZARDOUS, DANGEROUS GOODS or SPECIAL GOODS.
- Bags, clothes, shoes and other items that do not fall in the categories listed in paragraph 2 are classified as NORMAL GOODS.
- Items listed in paragraph 2 as well as fragile goods must be properly packaged and labeled according to acceptable UN standards for international shipping by AIR or SEA.
- ALS Global Shipping may decline to ship any of these hazardous materials or goods with INHERENT VICE or goods that may pose risk to other packages if guidelines concerning packaging and labeling are not adhered to by the client.
- Each package must be accompanied by a warehouse declaration form fully filled by the supplier to confirm ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION about the goods and full name of client before the package(s) can be accepted at the warehouse for carriage by both AIR and SEA.
- This information referred to in paragraph 6 may be vital for invoice creation before goods are loaded as well as insurance and customs declaration purposes. Thus, clients are encouraged to provide ALS Global Shipping the true value of their goods every time.
- ALS Global Shipping will not be liable nor accountable for any goods sent to our warehouse with false declaration which will result in confiscation by customs, either at port of loading (POL) or port of delivery (POD).
- Each package must have the appropriate SHIPPING MARK pasted on each package for easy identification and delivery. Kindly take note that, ALS Global Shipping will not be held liable for consequences that may result from failure to
- In case of any applied custom penalty or consequential losses or damages occurring due to failure to declare DANGEROUS GOODS, the clients shall be held responsible and may have to pay for all damages, losses or penalties incurred.
- Clients must be aware that goods considered as DANGEROUS may be shipped if declared and documented appropriately. ALS Global Shipping shall not be held liable for any penalty or seizure of goods if the client fails to declare as requested above.
DAMAGES, LOSSES AND COMPENSATIONS
- ALS Global Shipping shall not be responsible for any damages or losses that occur before receipt of goods or delivery at our warehouse for shipping. Our responsibility begins when goods are accepted and confirmed to the client.
- ALS Global Shipping will not be liable for any damages/losses that occur to goods due to inherent vices (ability of the goods to decompose by itself, rust or break), improper packaging and labeling of goods during shipping and delivery of goods to clients in Ghana.
- ALS Global Shipping may only take responsibility and compensate clients if the procurement was done or supervised on behalf of the client.
- ALS Global Shipping may compensate client(s) only for losses that occur after goods are confirmed and received in good condition but had issues before delivery at the supposed delivery point in Ghana.
- In situations where goods are procured on behalf of client(s) through online platforms, ALS Global Shipping shall not be held liable for goods that do not meet client’s expectations or standards after agreeable confirmation and negotiations by the client(s).
- ALS Global Shipping shall implement compensations according to our own discretion for refund on items that are procured on behalf of a client after initial acceptance by both parties. ALS Global Shipping will ensure that audio –visuals and necessary information on the items will be presented to client(s) for confirmation before procurement will be affected.
- ALS Global Shipping will refund 50% of the shipping cost and 30% of the product cost as compensations on damaged goods if proven that all precautionary measures were duly adhered to by the client or supplier and lost goods. Owners of damaged goods must provide the following before compensation;
- Evidence of payment of shipping fees.
- Invoice of the goods and supplier’s contact information.
- Goods are declared missing or lost after 90days of the ETA communicated for that shipment if its established that the whereabout of the goods is unknown. Compensations for missing or lost goods comes in a form of credit note which will be used for future shipments. Thus, 20% of the shipping cost of each future shipment will be taken off to defray the agreed cost of the missing item as stated on the invoice from supplier and shipping cost paid to ALS Global Shipping and Logistics Ltd. until the total amount is cleared. Owners of lost goods must provide the following before compensation;
- Payment receipt shipping fees.
- Invoice of the goods and supplier’s contact information.
- Client(s) must ensure that FRAGILE GOODS are packaged & marked appropriately before delivery at our warehouse. ALS Global Shipping will not accept any liability for damages if goods are not properly marked with appropriate handling instructions / symbols.
- ALS Global Shipping will not be held accountable for the loss of items and related complaints after receipt or delivery of goods to clients after 24-hours; however, fragile goods should immediately be checked upon delivery and receipt. ALS Global Shipping shall not be liable for damages after clients accept responsibility for such fragile goods.
All clients must endeavor to fill the DELIVERY NOTE upon receipt of any goods or packages and report any form of inconsistencies immediately at the remarks column.
Clients must ensure proper identification of their goods (AIR/SEA) and must communicate immediately to Customer Care Representatives in case of any mistakes or change of mind. ALS shall not be liable for any losses or delay in delivery that occur due to improper identification of goods, and delivery to wrong warehouse address.
Clients must always confirm the right warehouse address and ensure that suppliers marked their goods with the exact SHIPPING MARK given by ALS Customer Care Representative for smooth operation for all new orders.
(NOTE): LOADING DATE
- Loading date of containers from our warehouse is different from the Sailing (Loaded on Board) date. Goods are received at the warehouse several days before loading into a container and transported to the shipping yard to await arrival of the ship.
- Vessel takes off 7- 10 days after loading date.
DELAYS or CHANGES IN ARRIVAL DATES OF SHIPMENT
- ALS Global Shipping only communicates estimated time of arrival (ETA) as given by the Shipping Line/Airline which is for informational purposes and is subject to change. We will not be held liable for consequential losses that occur due to delay in arrival of goods to Ghana (Delay from Shipping Line / Airline) which is beyond our control.
- Transit time or ETA (estimated time of arrival of shipment) obtained from a shipping or air lines is provisional and given for information purpose only, without warranty of any kind either expressed or implied, and is subject to change at any time without prior notice from the shipping or airline.
- Container clearance takes 5 – 10 working days upon arrival at Tema Port.
- Clients will be notified by ALS staff for pick-up or delivery after 24 hours of offloading.
- We will always ensure that goods are cleared within a maximum of 10 working days from date of discharge of containers at port except in circumstances beyond our control which shall be duly communicated to clients by our staff.
- Air Cargo is charged based on type of commodity and gross weight except for light weight goods, volumetric weight is applied, whichever is higher. Minimum chargeable weight is 5kg (China) and 10kg (Dubai and Turkey) for NORMAL GOODS and 10kg for SPECIAL GOODS i.e: DANGEROUS, SENSITIVE, SPECIAL or HAZARDOUS GOODS.
- Sea Cargo is charged based on CBM on any type of commodity. Minimum chargeable CBM required for shipment is 1CBM for China and 0.5CBM for Dubai and Turkey.
- Charges for AIR and SEA cover the cost of freight, duty and clearance only without delivery.
- All charges, especially for AIR CARGO must be PREPAID prior to shipping. For SEA CARGO, a minimum of 70% must be paid prior to loading into the container and the rest paid before delivery. For AIR CARGO, full payment of shipping cost is required before shipment.
- All Shipping charges must be paid before arrival of goods in Ghana or before delivery; as and when invoices are dispatched.
- Charges are quoted in USD but payable in GHC at a predetermined rate different from interbank rates due to charges on transfers and swift charges to shipping countries. Clients can also pay in USD but swift or transfer charges must be added.
- ALS Global Shipping has the right to make and communicate changes in shipping rate at any time on unannounced fluctuations in freight cost, duty and clearance charges by the stakeholders involved.
- ALS Global Shipping and Logistics may provide seasonal promotional offers as part of its commitment to building strong relationship with clients and providing exceptional services.
- We kindly plead to our cherished clients to facilitate prompt payments to ensure swift delivery. Storage and security cost of undelivered goods beyond one week will be transferred to the client.
- After one month of storage, goods will be deemed to have no owners. We shall seek court order to auction these items after several notifications to make way for the storage of new cargo.
- Clients who have paid fully for their goods but yet use ALS facility as storage will be made to pay a minimum of GHS100 per CBM every week.
- Delivery cost must be borne by the client. Free delivery services will be applied using our own discretion or for promotional purposes only.
- Failure to pick-up goods within the stipulated time of 1 week will attract a penalty of GHS100 weekly.
- Clients should note that goods not picked up after one month will be set for auction and sold.
OUR ALS PROMISE
We put customers first — big or small. Our company is here for the long term, committed to our roots with personalized, reliable, secure and cost-effective shipping solutions.
Whether you are shipping your personal effects or your business supplies, one thing is for sure: your shipment must be handled quickly, efficiently and with care.
We have built our company on a strong belief in three promises. We believe a company like ours should be Trustworthy, Worldwide and Devoted to their customers as a family. With this in the back of our mind we set out on a journey to make the shipping experience better, every day.
Visit www.alsshipping.com for more information about our Goals and Objectives as well as other services.
I ……………………………………………………………………………………………….., accept the terms and conditions listed above. Thank you.